Dare2Dream staff have all been issued with updated information and procedures – these are in place with immediate effect. A summary of this can be found below.
The Dare2Dream Foundation have closely been monitoring updates from the government regarding Covid-19 coronavirus. Below is our response to the latest government advice which can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
The Dare2Dream Foundation remain wholly committed to ensuring that we keep all our children, young people and staff as safe as possible and are taking all necessary precautions. Due to the vulnerabilities, complex needs and circumstances around the children and young people that we support, we will be continuing delivery of our services, unless directed otherwise by our commissioning authorities.
1. Alternative Education Provisions
· Children with a fever (temperature of 37.8 and above) should not attend our alternative education provisions at Arley and Coombe. If they develop a temperature during the session they will need to be collected immediately by parents / carers.
· Children should not attend Arley or Coombe if they have a new, continuous cough.
· Children should not attend Arley or Coombe if anybody in their household is presenting symptoms
· Social distancing and increased hygiene measures will be fully complied with.
This is based upon updated government advice and more information, along with timeframes for self-isolation can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
2. One2One Therapeutic / Mentoring Programmes
Where children are supported on a one to one basis, the following procedures are in place with immediate effect:
· All staff will call ahead prior to a home visit
Prior to attending home visits staff will phone and check whether any of the residents are exhibiting the following symptoms:
· A new, continuous cough
Where sessions are able to go ahead, social distancing and increased hygiene measures will be fully complied with.
Where required, timeframes for the postponement of sessions will be based upon NHS advice regarding self-isolation which can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
The Dare2Dream Foundation have now developed a virtual platform to continue to deliver our services where required and requested by commissioning authorities.
3. One2One sessions in the community
Where our One2One sessions are delivered within the community we firstly have requested all staff to follow point 2 above. Where all in the household are healthy and / or not in a period of self-isolation the sessions will go ahead. We have requested all staff follow the advice for social distancing where possible:
· Avoid locations where mass numbers are likely
· Keep a distance of 2m from others
· Make use of The Dare2Dream Foundation venues or outdoor spaces
· Sanitise your hands wherever possible, including entering and leaving buildings
· Open vehicle windows where possible, and regularly clean and disinfect high touch surfaces
4. Holiday Clubs
All holiday clubs are cancelled
The Dare2Dream Foundation are committed to ensuring our services remain as optimal as possible for everyone that we support. We will of course continue to closely follow and comply with the Public Health authorities and all associated guidance to ensure we keep all of the children and young people we support safe, and that our staff are supported to provide the best delivery of our services.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.